Our Mission, Vision and Purpose
Who we are
A world leading, transdisciplinary research and education Centre informing the future health of the planet and people.
What we do
The team at ECEHH conducts world-class research, investigating the complex interdependencies between environment and human health, influencing decision makers at local, national and international scales.
The health of people and the environment are inextricably entwined. We aim to break down boundaries separating human and planetary health, pioneering interdisciplinary research to ensure local, national and global actions are better informed by the needs of both.
- Transforming global understanding of the linkages between environment and human health.
- Embedding sustainability and equity at the heart of environment and human health research.
- Building and supporting a diverse research community to improve understanding, challenge thinking and bring about positive change to the planet and people.
- Foster a learning environment to enable the next generation of researchers to champion sustainable and healthy environments;
- Deliver engaged, world-leading, transdisciplinary research into the interconnections between environment and human health;
- Aspire to an inclusive culture of work and study to ensure all voices are heard;
- Work with local communities around the world.
Our impact is:
- Transdisciplinary: Harnessing insights from social, health, and environmental sciences;
- Engaged: Collaboratively responding to real-world problems in partnership with communities, businesses, policymakers, and the third sector;
- Ground-breaking: Producing robust new evidence to address critical contemporary global challenges;
- Transformative: Sharing expertise and building capacity to develop and inspire the next generation of leaders in environment and human health through education, mentorship, and outreach.