- Climate change adaptation
- Is the prevalence of eczema associated with low solar irradiance exposures?
- Communicating the impacts of road transport
- Pollen and its impact on human health: A national study
- Web-based Horizon Scanning: Concepts and Practice
- Climate change, changing disease profiles and their impact upon pharmaceutical usage in the northern hemisphere
- Carbon management modelling
- Seeing is Believing
An open-source web-based GIS for health exposure assessment
This research details the design and development of an open source web-based Geographical Information System allowing users to visualise, customise and interact with spatial data within their web browser. The developed application shows that by using solely Open Source software, it was possible to develop a customisable web based GIS application that provides the functions necessary to convey health and environmental data to experts and non-experts alike, without the requirement of proprietary software.
The full study is published in the International Journal of Health Geographics and can be found here.
Evans B, Sabel C: Open-Source Web-based Geographical Information System for health exposure assessment. International Journal of Health Geographics 2012, 11:2
Dr Barry Evans, Professor Clive Sabel