Posted on 7th December 2012
A new scheme led by the Centre’s Knowledge Exchange team will help to bring research and enterprise together.
The In Residence Scheme is aiming to produce collaborations that will result in high quality research and lead to the growth of Cornish businesses.
Starting on 1st January 2013, the programme will give businesses and academics the opportunity to interact, build relationships and explore the potential for collaboration.
Funding is available to allow companies to engage with one or more of the Centre’s researchers for 1 to 12 days over a 3 month period.
The potential benefits to businesses include:
- Access to specialist expertise and research facilities (e.g. labs, published research, knowledge databases)
- Improved understanding of how to access higher education research resources and the benefits it can bring
- Access to research funding which, without an academic partner, would be unavailable
- Developing evidence, services and products to enhance a business’s viability through a bespoke research project
- Raising awareness of the Company and generating publicity
Detailed information on the scheme and application process is available here.