The University of Exeter Medical School has ambitious targets for the Centre over the forthcoming years, aiming to combine world class scientific research with policy development and implementation. Ultimately the University of Exeter hopes to provide a focal point for environment and health research regionally, nationally and internationally and play a major role in the commercialisation of this knowledge, benefitting the economy and community of Cornwall and beyond.
The University of Exeter Medical School aims to:
- Establish an internationally competitive and locally relevant research centre in environment and human health
- Establish a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional research environment that is nationally and internationally recognised for the quality of its research, its policy relevance and its integration with the local economy
- Increase opportunities for the people of Cornwall, and to attract students to Cornwall, to gain high level skills and qualifications in fields relevant to the needs and economy of the County
- Contribute to the development of the knowledge economy of Cornwall, establishing a reputation for Cornwall as a national centre of expertise on issues relating to the Environment and Human Health
- Increase understanding of the inter-relationships between the environment and human health and the economic value that can be derived from this knowledge.